Monday, August 20, 2007

76% Optimus Prime

Keith Elder recently posted What Transformer Would You Be with his results after taking a Transformers personality quiz. Being a long time Transformers fan, I was curious (for entertainment purposes only ;) ).

My Results...

I AM 76% OPTIMUS PRIME Take the Transformers Quiz
Optimus Prime is the heroic leader of the Autobots. He is the personification of courage, strength, and integrity. His personal motto is that “Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.”
Like Optimus Prime, you are good by nature. But beware because mischievous thoughts sometimes tempt you. You are inspiring, confident, and a natural leader. The Autobots have chosen well. In addition, you use technology when you need to, but you do not embrace the latest trends.

Of course I don't see this as a scientifically based personality battery, but my results were oddly accurate and a bit humorous...

The last sentence "you use technology when you need to, but you do not embrace the latest trends" has a biting truth to it...

Ok, I am a software developer that hasn't fully utilized the newest methods of information sharing: IM, Blogs, Wiki's, and PDA's. I have to admit that I probably wouldn't be blogging if Colin Neller hadn't exported his list of feed subscriptions for me. Free time is something I have little of, so receiving Colin's personal kick start course in surfing blogs with Google Reader was extremely helpful.

To be honest, I do take some pride in not trying to "Keep up with the Jones's" and the latest and greatest gadgets. Don't get me wrong, I love technology and I learn about the newest trends as much as I can. Though, I don't feel a compelling need have gadgets just to have them. Nor do I feel the need to implement all the greatest technologies and techniques in the software I design just to say I did. I love concepts such as aspect oreinted programming, enteprise application integration desging patterns, and application architecure desgin patterns, and I use them as much as possible, but I don't force them into my projects.

So I admit, I am a little proud to be 76% Optimus Prime. Though, I do wonder what happened to my other 26% ?